5.9. A head of the block of cylinders-clearings and condition check
1. Careful clearing of a head (or heads) cylinders and details клапанного the mechanism with the subsequent check will allow to estimate amount of works on repair of valves and the mechanism of a drive of valves.
2. Remove from demountable surfaces of a head all rests of a material of linings, being careful not to damage a surface. Remove a deposit from combustion chambers, and a scum from channels of system of cooling. Banish and clean all carving apertures.
3. Wash out solvent all details клапанного the mechanism, platens and коромысла.
4. Remove a deposit from heads of valves.
5. Attentively examine a head, check up presence of cracks and signs of penetration of a cooling liquid. At detection of cracks a head replace.
6. Check up deformation of a demountable surface heads (photo). If the deviation from a plane exceeds norm a head follows перешлифовать in a car-care centre workshop.
In engine V6 head follows also перешлифовать demountable planes of collectors. In this case at assemblage it is necessary to check up freedom of rotation of a cam-shaft by hand. At sensation of appreciable resistance to rotation a head replace.
9.8 Check качания the valve
9.12 Measurement of length of a spring of the valve in a free condition
7. Check up a condition of saddles of valves. At presence питтинга (poles), cracks, burn-out traces head repair in a car-care centre workshop is required.
8. Check up люфт the valve in a direction parallel to an axis коромысла (photo). If total люфт on ин дикатору exceeds norm it is necessary to check up a backlash between the plug and the valve (it is carried out in car-care centre)
9. Check up a condition of support of a cam-shaft.
10. Attentively examine valves, check up presence on facets of valves of cracks, traces of non-uniform development, ablation of metal and прогара. Check up presence of cracks on necks and cores, and also a bend of cores, turning the valve in the directing plug. Check up deterioration of end faces of cores. Presence of any of the specified defects specifies in necessity of repair of valves for a car-care centre workshop.
11. Measure width of a regional corbel of each valve and compare to standard value (photo). If this distance is less 0,8 mm the valve is subject to replacement.
12. Check up presence of wear tracks and poles at end faces of each spring of the valve.
Measure length of a spring in a free condition (photo). Before installation of springs on the repaired engine it is necessary to check up them under loading at the special stand (it is carried out in a car-care centre workshop).
9.13 Check of vertical position of springs
13. Check up vertical position of springs (photo). At detection of a deviation of a spring from a vertical and a deflection on length it is necessary to replace a spring.
14. Check up presence of visible wear tracks and cracks on plates of springs and crackers. Details with any defects replace.
15. Check коромысел and platens is described in the Part by Gl. 2.
16. If at check it will be found out that deterioration of details does not exceed norm collect a head of cylinders, having established details on former places. To carry out repair of a head of cylinders of any complexity follows in car-care centre.