2.40. Replacement of a cooling liquid
1. Periodically it is necessary to wash out system of cooling and to replace cooling liquid, to prevent corrosion and a scaling. At service of system of cooling it is necessary to check up and if necessary to replace all hoses and a stopper of a mouth of a radiator.
2. Put the car on a manual brake and block wheels.
3. On the cold engine turn away a stopper of a mouth of a radiator.
4. Substitute under a drain aperture of a radiator a vessel of suitable capacity. On engines V6 turn away the ventilating valve, having turned counter-clockwise to the full (photo).
5. After all liquid will flow down from a radiator rearrange vessels under a drain stopper of the block of cylinders. On 4 - cylinder engines the stopper is in the left back part of the block, not engines V6 till 1990 - behind the generator, on engines V6 after 1990 - 2 stoppers, about the generator and near to the right support of the engine.
6. Check up a condition of all hoses and connections.
7. Replace all damaged hoses.
8. After the liquid will flow down wash out a radiator flowing water.
9. A rust and a scum in the block of cylinders and in pipelines it is possible to remove chemical means which apply according to the instruction of the manufacturer At strong pollution of a radiator, presence of mechanical damages and a leak, it is necessary to remove and hand over a radiator in repair.
10. Wash out a broad tank.
11. Turn and tighten all drain stoppers.
12. Slowly fill in a fresh cooling liquid from water and antifreeze in the ratio 50/50, before radiator filling. Add a liquid in a tank to the bottom mark. On engine V6 close the gate
13. With an open mouth of a radiator start the engine warm up the engine until then while the top went! Does not become hot.
14. Stop the engine and allow to cool down. Add a liquid to a bottom edge of a mouth of a radiator.
15. Remove air, having pressed on the top hose, close a stopper.
16. Warm up the engine, and be convinced of absence of a leak.