2.14. Check and adjustment of backlashes of valves
1. Works are recommended to be carried out on the heated-up engine.
2. Warm up the engine.
3. Uncover heads of cylinders (Gl. 2).
4. Establish the piston of 1st cylinder in ВМТ a compression step (Gl. 2). Backlashes of valves are measured In this position коленвала 1,2,4 and 6 (photos).
5. Measure щупом backlashes in the specified valves.
6. If necessary release a counternut and adjust a backlash, rotating the screw. Щуп should pass between, the valve and the screw under small effort.
7. Keeping the screw, tighten a counternut and again check up a backlash.
8. Turn коленвал on 1 turn clockwise and be convinced by position бегунка distributes ignitions that the piston 4~го the cylinder is in ВМТ a compression step. Measure backlashes of 3,5,7 and 8 cylinders.
9. Establish a cover of a head of cylinders.